The Student Services Center is available on the GBHS campus for all GBHS students, staff and teachers. It is a center full of resources that we pray will encourage the success and growth of your child. See a profile of Grace Brethren High School here! Below is a list of services you can find in this new center:
GBHS College Counselor (Carol Canet)
|Carol Canet serves as the College Counselor and seeks to prepare each child for GBHS graduation and entrance to a four year college and/or university. Below is a list of the college and career services provided to you and your student in the new Student Services Center.
Download Class of 2012 Information Here>>>>
- Career and Occupational Publications
- SAT Reasoning and SAT Subject Tests, TOEFL and ACT test information
- Information on over 1000 colleges including reference books and individual brochures
- College catalogues for a number of four year schools
- Government and financial aid forms including the FAFSA
- Scholarship Application Information
- Summer Program Information: Study Abroad, On-Site College Campus Programs & Athletics
- UC, CSU, Specialty Schools and The Common Application
- Military Academy and Enlistment Information
- College Application Assistance for students
- Meetings with representatives from various college Admissions Offices
- College Application Essay Support
- Checklists for all aspects of the college application process
- College Week/Fair
- College Nights designed for each grade level
- Practice Tests for PSAT
- SAT Reasoning and SAT Subject Tests
- ACT Information
- AP Testing in May
GBHS Guidance Counselor (Carol Canet)
The GBHS Guidance Counselor serves as an Academic Advisor and Counselor and is responsible for the following:
- Meeting with students to ensure their academic success and personal/character development.
- Being available on a drop-in basis to students who may be struggling socially, emotionally and/or academically.
- Serving as a resource for teachers, staff and parents regarding the specific and individual needs of each student
- Referring students and their parents to the church, community agencies, programs or specialists as appropriate.
- Regularly meeting with students who fall below a 2.0 GPA and those with special needs to ensure their academic success by organizing Student Success Teams and providing resource materials and tutoring opportunities as necessary.
- Providing biblical counsel when meeting with and counseling students.
In this role, the GBHS Guidance Counselor works closely with fellow counselors in the Student Services Office, teachers as well as the GBHS Principal, Vice Principal and Dean of Students.
GBHS Registrar (Sheri Herr)
The GBHS Registrar performs a wide variety of tasks to help GBHS run smoothly! Here is a brief description of all that Mrs. Herr does:
Serves as the principal source of information on administrative, academic and procedural matters to students, prospective students, faculty and staff.
Processes applications for admissions ensuring their compliance with administrative policies and procedures.
Establishes and maintains student files, ensuring all personal, financial and academic records are kept confidential, current and accurate. Monitor student records to ensure compliance to academic regulations and program requirements for graduation
Processes all withdraw/transfer student information & forwards to new school
Prepares, verifies and sends out official school transcripts as requested and collects monies for payment of those transcripts.
Coordinates teaching schedules and student schedules for academic classes and schedules classroom assignments as needed. She also processes all add/drop from classes.