And he said to him, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.” Matthew 22:37
Children may attend 2, 3, 4, or 5 half or full days. Half day hours are from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Full-day care is from 6:30 .a.m. to 6:00 p.m. However, it is suggested that in the interest of the child, they are left no longer than necessary.
Any half-day student may spend an occasional afternoon at school as space allows. Half-day and hourly rates are listed on the included schedule of Tuition Rates.
Based on a developmental approach to learning, the child is exposed to various forms of stimuli to develop his/ her readiness in the following areas:
Curriculum (2-3 Year Olds)
- Language Arts: circle times, books, pictures, group discussion, and puppets.
- Cognitive Learning: learning and listening centers, monthly themes, science and math centers, and cooking.
- Creative Development: art, music, dramatic play, blocks, learning centers.
- Social/Emotional Development: daily interaction, home living, monthly themes, field trips, teaching health and hygiene.
- Motor Skills: playground equipment, activity records, lacing, threading beads, coloring, working with scissors, dressing and undressing dolls, puzzles, cutting and pasting.
- Spiritual/Moral Development: Bible stories, art projects, chapel services, Bible in felt, “God loves me”, Gospel Light, and “Scripture Bites” curriculums.
Curriculum (4-5 Year Olds)
- Language Arts: circle times, share time, and group discussion.
- Reading Readiness: Story book journals, begin formation of letters and numbers through various mediums, reading and writing centers, and other school resources and tenets.
- Math Readiness: “Math Their Way”, math learning centers, and math manipulatives.
- Creative Arts: Art projects, music, dramatic play, movement, and learning centers.
- Social/Emotional Development: Daily group interaction, monthly themes, class parties, learning centers, field trips, and school projects.
- Motor Skills: Playground equipment, exercise/activity records, and learning centers.
- Spiritual/Moral Development: Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) Bible Curriculum, “Scripture Bites” and “Bright Beginnings” curriculums, object lessons, chapel, scripture memorization, and Bible in Felt.
Please note that class-time begins promptly at 9:00 a.m. It is best if your child arrives prior to that time so as to establish a consistent routine for your child and to not interrupt class already in progress.
6:30 - 7:30 Arrival and combined class
7:30 - 8:30 Free play
8:30 - 9:00 Outdoor time/bathroom
9:00 - 9:15 Arrival and opening exercise (roll call, calendar, flag salute, weather, introduction to learning centers)
9:15 - 10:00 Learning Centers (cognitive)
10:00 - 10:15 Snack time
10:15 - 10:45 Recess
10:45 - 11:00 Bible
11:00 - 11:40 Learning Centers (creative)
12:00 - 1:00 Lunch
1:00 - 3:00 Naptime
3:00 - 3:30 Bathroom and snack time
3:30 - 4:30 Outdoor play
4:30 - 5:30 Centers and special projects
5:30 - 5:45 Story time
5:45 - 6:00 Clean up
Field Trips will be scheduled monthly. Notices will go home to parents to be signed before the day of the field trip. If the field trip is scheduled on your child’s regularly scheduled day, and you do not wish for him/her to attend, you are responsible to make alternate arrangements for the care of your child since all teaching staff will attend the field trips. If it is not your child’s regularly scheduled day and you and your child would like to join us on the field trip, you are welcome to do so.
Transportation for off-site events will be provided by bus or by teachers and parents over 21 years of age who have working seat belts in their cars and carry comprehensive insurance. Car seats must be provided for children as applicable by state law.